Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 cups brussels sprouts; ends trimmed and waxy leaves removed, cut in halves and quarters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, medium dice
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, divided
- ½ cup toasted pecans, divided
- 3 cups watercress
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss brussels sprouts in ½ tablespoon olive oil, red pepper flakes, rosemary, thyme and a pinch of salt. Spread on a baking sheet; cook 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Cool, and cut into medium dice.
- Toss bell pepper, remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt. Spread on baking sheet; cook 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients except oil. Slowly pour in oil, whisking continuously to emulsify.
- To build salad, combine brussels sprouts, ¾ of the apple, ¾ of the walnuts and ¾ of the pecans. Add dressing, and toss together. Add watercress, and toss again.
- To serve, assemble on plates, and garnish with roasted red pepper and remainder of apples, walnuts and pecans.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post