Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- ¾ cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ½ cup fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1-2 teaspoons Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and zest. Using your fingertips work ⅓ cup coconut oil into flour mixture until crumbly. Stir lemon juice and milk into mixture until clumpy then fold in the blueberries, gently mixing until dough comes together in a shaggy ball.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and flatten into a 1” thick disk. Cut into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet. Melt remaining tablespoon of oil. Lightly brush scones with oil and bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon milk, and vanilla until smooth. If needed, stir in additional 1 teaspoon milk to achieve a smooth consistency.
- When scones are done, let cool completely on a rack. Drizzle with glaze.
Recipe courtesy of Califia Farms.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine
Please note that unless specifically stated on the bag powdered sugar is NOT VEGAN. it is made my running sugar through charred animal bones until it is powdered up. .