Blueberry and Banana Breakfast Bake
Adult and kid friendly, this breakfast will be a hit for the whole family!
- 3 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- 5-7 slices of thick-cut bread (such as French or artisan bread . . . something a bit sturdy)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup or honey, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9 × 13-baking dish generously. Lay the bananas in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes. Layer the bread on top of the bananas.
- Whip together the eggs, milk, maple syrup or honey, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt. Pour this mixture over the bread and bananas. Layer on the blueberries and then the butter, pinched into small pieces, over the top of the dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden and a bit crusty.
- Heat a medium/large sauté pan over medium/high heat.