Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup roasted pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces fresh butternut squash
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1½ cups baby bella mushrooms
- Peanut oil, as needed
- 8 (7-inch) egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg whisked, as needed for egg wash
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and add pumpkin seeds, ginger, garlic powder, tamari and salt. Sauté until golden brown. Set aside, and let mixture cool.
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice butternut squash into thin, julienned pieces. Lightly steam squash until slightly tender. To make egg roll filling, combine squash, red cabbage and mushrooms with pumpkin seed mixture. Set aside.
- While peanut oil is heating, divide filling into eight portions. Start forming egg rolls: Lay egg roll wrapper so one corner is facing you and opposite corner is facing away. Fill middle of wrapper with one portion of filling.
- Use egg wash to wet all four corners of the wrapper. Fold corner closest to you toward the filling; bring corner on the left, and place on top of the first folded corner. Grab corner on the right, and fold to center, on top of existing folded corners. Follow with last corner, and seal egg roll. Continue with the rest of the filling until all rolls are made.
- Once shaped, lay egg rolls onto a sheet pan. Brush lightly on all sides with peanut oil. Place into oven, and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Turn rolls over halfway.
- For sauce: In a small bowl, mix pineapple juice and cornstarch; set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and tamari. Stir in pineapple mixture. Continue cooking until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post