Watermelon Raspberry Lemonade
Recipe Type: Lemonade
- 6 cups watermelon chunks, seeds removed
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup water or unsweetened coconut water
- 1⁄₃ cup natural cane sugar or raw agave
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from 2 large lemons)
- Place watermelon,
- raspberries and water
- in a blender; cover
- and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher; compost leftover solids.
- Stir in sugar and lemon juice, until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour, or serve immediately over ice. Garnish with fresh raspberries or watermelon slices, if desired.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 144 Carbohydrates: 37g Sugar: 32g Sodium: 5mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g
Peach Mint Lemonade
Recipe Type: Lemonade
- 1 cup natural cane sugar
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1½ cups packed mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups peeled, sliced peaches (about 3 medium)
- ½–1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from 2–4 large lemons)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 5 minutes, until sugar is dissolved. Add mint leaves and boil for 2 minutes. Cool about an hour; then strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a blender. Puree peaches with syrup.
- Pour syrup blend into a pitcher, add lemon juice (start with ½ cup and increase to taste) and remaining water, stir until combined.
- Serve in ice-filled glasses; garnish with additional peach slices and a sprig
- of mint, if desired.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 160 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 41g Sugar: 32g Sodium: 10mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g
Rosemary Honey Lemonade
- 4½ cups water, divided
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary, peeled off stems and lightly crushed
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from 4 large lemons)
- Rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges for garnish, optional
- Heat ¼ cup water and honey in a small pot over medium heat; bring to a boil, then turn off heat. Add rosemary. Set aside to steep for 20 minutes.
- , Pour liquid through a mesh strainer; discard rosemary.
- Combine liquid with lemon juice and remaining water; stir well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve over ice; garnish with lemon wedge and a rosemary sprig in each glass.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 56 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 13g Sodium: 9mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 0g