Photo Credit: Courtesy of PERi-PERi
Zucchini and Tomato Baked Eggs
For a spring or summer brunch, this colorful, flavorful dish can be prepped and cooked in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small chunks
- ½ red pepper, cut into small chunks
- 14 ounce canned tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 ounce Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce
- Pinch of salt
- On medium-low heat combine the olive oil and cumin seeds in a deep, medium skillet and stir until fragrant.
- Add the onions and a pinch of salt to the skillet and stir until they begin to brown, then stir in the zucchini and red pepper.
- Pour the canned tomatoes over the top of the veggies so that it makes an even layer and swirl Nando’s PERi-PERi on top. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet, ensuring enough space between them.
- Take skillet off heat and place under a hot grill until eggs are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve with chunks of warm bread if desired.