Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Yellow Bell Pepper, Lemongrass and Ginger Sorbet
This frozen treat delivers a mouthwatering combination of flavors. The combination of tangy peppers, citrus lemongrass and spicy ginger, along with the gorgeous yellow color, will make this dessert a hit at your next dinner party.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 2½ cups water
- 6 medium yellow bell peppers
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh ginger juice (or blend 2 tablespoons fresh ginger with ½ cup water and strain)
- Fresh mint or sliced jalapeno, for garnish
- In a food processor or blender, puree lemongrass with water until mostly smooth. Pour mixture into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, until lemongrass becomes more fragrant. Remove from heat, cover pan, and let lemongrass steep for 20 minutes.
- Cut bell peppers in half; remove seeds, and place peppers on a sheet pan with the skin up. Broil peppers until the skin has blistered, cover in foil, and set aside to cool. Once cool, gently remove skin. Place peppers in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Strain lemongrass from water, and pour into a saucepan. Over medium heat, stir in sugar until dissolved and mixture begins to simmer. Remove from heat, and cool.
- Pour this simple syrup into the bell pepper puree. Mix in lemon and ginger juice.
- If you have an ice cream machine, put mixture into machine and follow the instructions. Otherwise, put parchment paper over a cookie sheet, and pour mixture over it. Put tray in freezer. Once completely frozen, break puree into pieces and blend immediately in a food processor when ready to serve. Garnish with mint or sliced jalapeno.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post