Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup wild rice blend, soaked overnight
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup whole pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium peach, thin wedges
- 4 ounces blueberries (about ¾ cup)
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Drain and rinse rice. Add to boiling water with ½ tsp salt. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and boil for 25-30 minutes, until rice is tender but chewy.
- Meanwhile, heat a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add pecans and toast for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently until lightly browned and fragrant. Coarsely chop.
- Add olive oil, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon and remaining 1 tsp salt to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Drain and briefly rinse with cool water to remove excess starch. Transfer rice to a medium bowl and gently stir in dressing to coat. Season to taste. Add fruit and pecans and stir until combined.
Experiment with any combination of fresh summer fruit: cherries and sliced plums, raspberries and apricots, and so on.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 585mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine