Photo Credit: Laura Miner for Vital Proteins
Whole30® Chili Stuffed Potato Skins
Comfort food does not have to make you feel guilty. Case in point: this Chili Stuffed Potato Skins recipe.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
Potato Skin Ingredients:
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Paleo sour cream
- Sugar-free pickled onions
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Dice the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and sausage. Cook it all together for 5-7 minutes, mixing and breaking the meat apart.
- Add the tomatoes, seasonings, and Bone Broth Collagen. Bring the chili to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 45-50 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Wash and dry potatoes, then poke the skins a few times with a fork.
- Lay them on a baking sheet, then drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle a little sea salt on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and wait until at least they’re cool enough to handle. Don’t turn the oven off.
- Cut each potato in half longways. Using a spoon, remove most of the insides and set it aside.
- Spray or rub a little oil on the flesh side of each potato and return them to the oven for another 10 minutes until they’re super crispy.
- Spoon the chili into the potato skins, add toppings and enjoy!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post