Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound ground bison
- ground bison
- Barbecue sauce
- Blue cheese
- Potato rolls
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and jalapeno; turn heat to low and sauté until onions are soft and golden, about 10–15 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high, add whiskey and stir to remove any brown bits. Cook for about 2 minutes and add brown sugar. Turn heat down, and sauté until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Form bison into patties; brush both sides with canola oil (this will form a crust to seal in the moisture). Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on medium-low grill. Brush with barbecue sauce. Cook for 4 minutes on the first side, 3 on the second side.
- Brush with a final dose of sauce. Top with blue cheese.
- Serve with whiskey onions on potato rolls.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post