Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 vegan piecrust (store-bought unsweetened crust)
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach or arugula
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon Italian Spice Mix (store-bought)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Poke a few holes in the bottom of the piecrust with a fork. Place the piecrust in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, place the water, quinoa, and ½ teaspoon of the salt in a small pot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat to low, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl along with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to the piecrust, return the pie to the oven, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of vegan cheese along with the artichoke hearts—highly recommended!
- Add ½ cup of cooked butternut squash along with the artichoke hearts.
- Replace the quinoa with millet or rice.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post