Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 box vegan fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk (warm or at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic Frozen Green Peas
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, chop shiitake mushrooms into small pieces and spread on a baking dish. Sprinkle smoked paprika on mushrooms along with ¼ tsp of salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Mix well and bake for 10-15 minutes, checking on often not to burn. They should be crispy and dark red in color.
- In a large to medium sauté pan, heat vegan butter on medium, then whisk in flour. Cook 2-3 minutes, then whisk in almond milk. Whisk constantly until there are no lumps. Season with ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper and heat until sauce thickens.
- Once sauce has thickened, stir in frozen peas.
- When pasta is ready, strain then add directly to sauce. Top with the shiitake bacon and mix gently to combine.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post