Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2.2 pounds pounds of all-purpose flour (or 7 ½ cups but grams are preferable as flour can be packed differently in cups)
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 20.2 ounces water, room temperature (or 2 ½ cups - 600 ml)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 jar Vero Gusto® Tomato & Basil sauce
- 2 6-oz fresh mozzarella, sliced in rounds
- Fresh basil
- Your favorite pizza topping(s)
- Dissolve yeast in water and honey, let sit 5 minutes.
- Mix with flour for 2 minutes, add salt and keep mixing until smooth, then incorporate olive oil.
- Cut in four pieces, shape them in four tight balls, place in a covered plastic container lightly oiled at room temperature. One hour later, refrigerate until the following day.
- The next day, take out of the refrigerator 4-5 hours before use.
Pizza (next day):
- Take dough out of the refrigerator 4-5 hours before use.
- Pre-heat the oven to highest temperature possible (550° F).
Preparation with a Pizza Stone:
- On a floured table, stretch each of the four doughs balls so they are thin and round pizzas.
- Place on individual parchment paper sheets slightly larger than the size of the pizzas.
- Top dough with sauce, mozzarella and whatever favorite topping you choose.
- Place pizzas on a pizza wheel or a sheet pan. Bake for about 5 minutes or until slightly crispy and browned.
- Turn on broiler the last minute if a more charred crust is preferred.
With baking pan, (possibly thin like a cookie sheet or a steel pan):
- Oil the pan, stretch the dough on the table and cover the pan. Add sauce, basil, mozzarella, and bake in the oven until slightly crispy and thoroughly cooked.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post