Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups) or 4 cups frozen florets (see Cook's Note)
- 8 ounces fresh shelled or frozen peas
- 1 small head of fennel, trimmed and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or Homemade Yogurt or Cashew Cream *For dairy-free or vegan, use cashew cream
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Crispy Bread Croutons *For gluten-free, omit croutons
- Combine the broth, broccoli, peas, and fennel in the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Lock on the lid and Pressure Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes. Release the steam manually.
- Open the lid and remove the inner pot from the cooker. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth (or transfer to an upright blender and puree in batches), about 3 minutes. Season with fine sea salt and some pepper. Return the inner pot to the pressure cooker with the lid off (to maintain the bright green color) and leave on the Keep Warm setting until you are ready to serve.
- Spoon the soup into bowls and serve warm, topped with the parmesan, yogurt, or cashew cream. Drizzle with some olive oil and finish with a sprinkle of flaky salt and more pepper, if desired. Serve with croutons, if you like.
Cook's Note: For the Love of Frozen: For the broccoli and peas here, note that either fresh or frozen will work, making this another great all-weather standby. Frozen vegetables not only save a bit of prep time, but they also keep the color a bright, punchy green. Flashy Finish: For a hearty, eye-popping finish, top this soup with Fennel-Roasted Chickpeas or Shaggy Parmesan Excerpted from Instant Family Meals: Delicious Dishes From Your Slow Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Multicooker and Instant Pot © 2020 by Sarah Copeland. Published by Clarkson Potter.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post