Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 large leeks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 (14-ounce) water-packed, canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 large red potatoes, washed and cut into quarters
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces prosciutto (optional)
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Slice hairy ends off the leeks, and thinly slice the root, stopping at the dark-green tops. Place leeks in the warm water; let sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt. Drain and rinse twice.
- Heat oil over low heat in a large soup pot. Add drained leeks and celery; sauté for 20 minutes until soft. Add drained artichokes, garlic and thyme. Raise heat to medium, and sauté for 2–3 minutes. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a soft boil, and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Remove soup from heat, and let sit for 15 minutes to cool. Puree soup in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return pureed vegetables to the pot; season with salt and pepper.
- For optional garnish, place prosciutto on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in a 375° oven for about 5 minutes until crisp. Serve on top of each bowl of soup.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post