Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 6 saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed and chopped peeled ginger
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 2 cups day-old cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 scallions, green and white parts, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 large fried eggs with soft yolks
- Pour wine into a small bowl, glass or jar.
- Crumble saffron into the wine and let soak.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil over high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Add garlic, ginger and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, salt and black pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice, soy sauce, saffron with wine, sesame seeds and scallions. Stir-fry for 1 minute, or until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Divide stir-fry into 4 bowls and top each with a fried egg. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from Vegetable Stir-Fry Cookbook. © 2021 by Chris Toy. Reprinted by permission of Rockridge Press. All rights reserved.
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 583mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post