Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 small acorn squash (about 1 pound each)
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup white quinoa, soaked overnight
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium bunch curly kale, de-stemmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 mini sweet peppers
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup crumbled feta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Drain and rinse quinoa. Add to boiling water with salt, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat, and steam with lid on for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place kale in a large bowl with olive oil and two generous pinches of salt. Massage kale, squeezing with your hands for about 3 minutes, until kale is bright green, slightly wilted and reduced in volume.
- Using a paring knife, remove stems and seeds from peppers, and slice into thin rounds.
- In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients. Blend 30 seconds until well-combined. Consistency should be thick but pourable.
- Divide kale among bowls, and top with quinoa, pears, feta and peppers. Drizzle with dressing.
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 30g | Sodium: 650mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine
Looks healthy but watch out. Almost the exact same calories and fat as a McDonald’s Big Mac! Eliminate the cheese and oil, and it’s amazingly healthy! Use fat-free dressings, or make your own (tons of great recipes online).