Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons furikake (or toasted black sesame seeds)
- 7 ounces sushi-grade salmon
- 1 large spring onion
- large handful of fresh pineapple
- 1 small avocado
- 2 large radishes
- 6 tablespoons kimchi
- Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes, until just tender.
- While rice is cooking, prepare rest of your ingredients. To make dressing, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil and furikake.
- Cut salmon into bite-sized cubes, trimming off any skin or excess fatty bits as you go. Toss salmon in prepared dressing.
- Thinly slice spring onion and cut pineapple and avocado into bite-sized chunks. Thinly slice radishes.
- Once rice is cooked, rinse it under a cold tap until cooled and drain well. (If I have time I like to cook the rice a bit in advance so I can let it cool a little at room temperature. Don’t leave it for too long, though, as harmful bacteria can grow in room-temperature rice.)
- Spoon salmon over rice and arrange rest of the ingredients on top to build your ideal bowl.
Excerpted from One Pan Pescatarian: 100 Delicious Dinners - Veggie, Vegan, Fish © 2020 by Rachel Phipps. Published by Quercus.
Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 27g | Sodium: 788mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 14g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post