Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1¾ cups guava or mango nectar
- 1 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons shaved garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces Indian Harvest Farro, dry (or barley)
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 papaya, peeled and diced
- Combine vegetable stock and mango or guava nectar in a bowl.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil and butter until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add farro; toast for 2 minutes (you will smell the toasty scent as it cooks). Add white wine and let alcohol cook off, about 2 minutes. Reduce to medium-low heat, and simmer.
- Add nectar/vegetable stock in half-cup increments (like you’re making risotto). Cover to retain all heat, and steam while simmering.
- Continue adding stock (leaving ⅓ cup for pesto) until farro plumps up and is cooked, about 25–30 minutes.
- Heat sauté pan and toast pine nuts, until light brown. Reserve, and let cool.
- In a blender, combine mint, cilantro, pine nuts and ⅓ cup nectar/stock to make a pesto-like dressing.
- Add goat cheese and pesto to farro risotto, cream together, and serve immediately.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of jerk seasoning, and diced mango and papaya.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 220mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine