Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 package OZO™ Plant-Based Mexican Seasoned Ground
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 15oz. cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 10oz. can petite diced tomatoes (liquid included)
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- cilantro, sour cream, cheese, avocado, tortilla chips
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and OZO Plant-Based Mexican Seasoned Ground and cook until onions are translucent and the ground is browned and crispy, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the squash, kidney beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and green chilies. Stir to combine.
- Add the spices and stir to combine.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer until the squash is tender and liquid has slightly reduced, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy with whatever toppings you desire!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post