Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 box Barilla® Rigatoni
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 can (28 oz.) Italian-style peeled tomatoes
- 5 leaves basil, torn
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Set oven to 400◦F.
- Season the eggplant with salt and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil; bake until thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet pan sauté the garlic and pepper flakes with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for one minute; add the sliced olives and roasted eggplant and sauté for several minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes; season with salt, if needed.
- When pasta is cooked al dente, drain the pasta and toss with the sauce; stir in cheese and basil before serving.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post