Photo Credit: Elizabeth Arraj
Vegan Quinoa Quiche
This vegan quiche is actually a version of a Monk Bowl, with quinoa as the grain, chickpeas as the protein, and spinach and tomato for the veggies. Huge on protein, iron, calcium, and all the important vitamins, this is certainly a vitality-building meal. Serve with a large salad and dressing of choice.
Share this Post
Servings: 1 slice
- 1 vegan piecrust (store-bought unsweetened crust)
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach or arugula
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon Italian Spice Mix (store-bought)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Poke a few holes in the bottom of the piecrust with a fork. Place the piecrust in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, place the water, quinoa, and ½ teaspoon of the salt in a small pot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat to low, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl along with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to the piecrust, return the pie to the oven, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of vegan cheese along with the artichoke hearts—highly recommended!
- Add ½ cup of cooked butternut squash along with the artichoke hearts.
- Replace the quinoa with millet or rice.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post