Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Blueberry Bliss Cheesecake Bars
This vegan dessert features creamy layers of blueberry and vanilla “cheesecake” atop a naturally sweet crust of Medjool dates, pecans and slightly salty roasted almonds. Topped with fresh blueberries and coconut shreds.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup coconut milk from 2 cans Simple Truth coconut milk, divided
- 1½ cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup Simple Truth sea salt roasted almonds
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1 cup raw cashews; soaked overnight and drained, divided
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Madagascar vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup desiccated coconut shreds, divided
- ½ cup Simple Truth frozen blueberries
- Place both cans of coconut milk in the fridge the night before making the cheesecake.
- To make crust, add dates, almonds and pecans to a food processor; pulse until ingredients clump together in a crust-like consistency. Transfer to an 8×8-inch loaf pan, and press until uniform and flat. Place in freezer.
- To make vanilla layer, add ½ cup of soaked cashews to food processor. Pulse until a smooth paste is formed. Add ½ cup coconut milk (from can placed in the fridge; scoop the cream from the top, and use the liquid), 2 tablespoons maple syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla and ½ cup desiccated coconut. Process another 15-20 seconds.
- Pull loaf pan from freezer, and layer vanilla cheesecake on top of crust. Return pan to freezer; allow 2 hours for vanilla layer to set.
- To make blueberry layer, add ½ cup soaked cashews to food processor. Pulse until a smooth paste is formed. Add ½ cup coconut milk (from can placed in the fridge; scoop the cream from the top, and use the liquid), 2 tablespoons maple syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla, ½ cup of desiccated coconut and ½ cup frozen blueberries. Pulse again another 15-20 seconds.
- Pull pan out of freezer, and layer blueberry cheesecake on top of frozen vanilla layer. Garnish top with additional blueberries and coconut shreds, if desired. Allow to freeze 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer, and allow to thaw 20–30 minutes. Slice into bars.
More than 500 readers submitted entries for the debut Live Naturally/Vegan Fusion vegan-recipe contest. This delicious, plant-based creation was among the 21 that rose to the top.
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 32g | Sodium: 8mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 30g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post