Photo Credit: Chef Steven Ferneding
Ubud Buddha Bowl with Peanut Sauce
A healthy Buddha bowl with a creamy sauce that combines peanuts, coconut milk and fresh lime juice.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 1 cup of quinoa (red, white or black)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 small bunch of broccoli (broken in to bite size pieces)
- 1 cup of red cabbage (sliced thin)
- 1 package of firm Silken Tofu (cut into cubes) Options: alternative protein (fish, chicken, pork, or beef)
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro (minced)
- 1 lime (quartered)
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup Mung bean spouts
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 1/4 cup cup of fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cup of soy sauce
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add quinoa + stir once + cover + let cook for 15 minutes. Once the liquid has evaporated fluff with fork + add a couple sprinkles of salt.
- While quinoa is cooking make peanut sauce (see recipe on page 88).
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium to high heat.
- Add protein + cook until desired doneness (5 minutes tofu, 10-15 for other protein).
- While protein is cooking fill a large pot with 1” of water + bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli to boiling pot + cover for 3 minutes + remove.
- Add cabbage + steam for 2 minutes until it’s soft but still crunchy.
- Using a blender combine all ingredients + blend on high for 3 minutes.
- Pour into serving jar + set aside until ready to use.
- Warm slightly before serving.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post