Photo Credit: Canyon Bakehouse
Tuna Niçoise Sandwich
Pressed tuna sandwich with olives, capers, and quick-pickled red onions, layered with tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs on a gluten-free Burger Bun.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1/4 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Niçoise or Kalamata Olives, pitted and minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces Tuna, packed in oil, drained and flaked
- 1 Small Tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs
- 2 Canyon Bakehouse Burger Buns, lightly toasted
- In a small jam jar, combine the sliced onion and garlic with 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar. Add the salt and fill the jar the rest of the way with water. Shake and allow the mixture to rest at room temperature for 1-2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Place the minced pitted olives in a mixing bowl with the capers and parsley; mix thoroughly and set aside.
- To make a vinaigrette, place the olive oil in a small mixing bowl with the remaining red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard; whisk to emulsify.
- Brush the surfaces of the toasted buns lightly with the vinaigrette.
- Spread the olive mixture on each of the sides and layer the sandwiches with quick-pickled red onions, flaked tuna, sliced tomato and hard-boiled eggs. Press the sides together and wrap sandwiches tightly with foil or plastic wrap. Allow the flavors to combine at room temperature for 1-2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post