Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- Olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sugar. (This is a technique I learned from Mario Batali) Roast until softened and starting to blister, about 30 minutes. Cool.
- In a food processor, purée the chickpeas, tomato, basil, oil, cumin, until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 2-3 tablespoons water as necessary to make creamier.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post