Sweet potato fritters are topped with savory Jones Canadian Bacon and a soft boiled egg.
- 2 cups grated sweet potato, squeezed of excess water
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- 6 slices Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 6 eggs, soft boiled
- Combine sweet potato, chives, cornmeal, eggs, milk, salt and pepper in large bowl. Mix together with fork until fully incorporated.
- Heat enough oil in bottom of large skillet over medium-high heat so that there is a thin coating to pan fry the sweet potato fritters.
- Divide sweet potato batter into 6 portions. Roll into ball then flatten and place in hot oil. Pan fry each fritter for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and sticking together. Flip and cook for 4 minutes. Remove to paper towel lined cooling rack and set aside. Cook in batches until all sweet potato mixture is gone, adding oil to pan as needed.
- Fry slices of Canadian Bacon in leftover oil for 1-2 minutes per side, until browned.
- Place a piece of cooked Canadian Bacon on top of each fritter. Top with soft boiled egg, garnish with additional chives and serve immediately.