Photo Credit: Masha Davydova
Superfood Summer Porridge
This raw food inspired breakfast takes porridge from a boring breakfast dish to one that everyone will want to eat again and again.
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe but firm avocado – pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 ripe, sweet peaches – pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup uncooked rolled oats
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup untoasted nuts such as pistachio, walnuts or pecans
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or to taste
- 2 tablespoons maca root powder (optional)
Options for Toppings:
- Sliced peaches
- Fresh berries
- Hemp hearts
- Bee pollen
- Cacao nibs
- Place chia seeds in a clean, dry jar with a tight-ftting lid and pour almond milk over them. Tighten lid and shake well until chia seeds are evenly coated with milk and there are no clumps. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, you can do this the night before and leave the chia to gel overnight.
- Place avocado, peaches, oats, raisins, nuts, lemon juice, honey and maca powder, if using, in a food processor and pulse until well-combined into a chunky puree. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and fold in the chilled chia pudding.
- Distribute between serving bowls and garnish with all or any of suggested toppings. Best eaten within a day.