Photo Credit: Courtesy of Orgain
Summer Protein Pops
These popsicles are healthy enough for breakfast and delicious enough for a treat.
- 1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 1½ cups coconut yogurt (or yogurt of your choice)
- ½ cup Orgain Lightly Sweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: chocolate, granola (optional)
- In a high-speed blender, combine coconut yogurt, Orgain Lightly Sweetened Almond Milk, Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Powder, honey, vanilla extract and blend on high for 30 – 45 seconds. The longer you process it, the more it with emulsify resulting in a light and creamy pop
- Transfer into a large mixing bowl. Stir in chia seeds and allow to set for 15 minutes while the chia seeds expand.
- Now, take your pop molds and evenly dollop berry mix in first. Next, pour the yogurt chia mix into the molds. Once they’re filled, you’ll want to tap the mold onto the counter or other hard surface to allow the mix to settle and fill all of the nooks and crannies.
- Cover and insert pop sticks into the molds. They should be supported and stand by themselves.
- Place in the freezer and allow to set for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To remove the pops, immerse molds in warm water for 1 minute. Gently remove and enjoy right away or dip in melted chocolate or top with granola as we did here.
- To save, seal in zip lock bags for 1 week.