Sumac Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt Creme
This recipe was developed by Stuart O’Keefe, an accomplished TV celebrity and professional chef and host of “Let’s Eat!”
August 16, 2:30-3 p.m. “Gluten Free on the Road”—Speaker Series @ Food As Medicine Stage
August 16, 3-4 p.m. “Summer Alfresco Cooking”—Cooking Demo @ Cooking Demo Kitchen
Join Chef Stuart as he shows that cooking in the summertime doesn’t have to be a stressful affair.
- 1 pound strawberries halved
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- 1 cup fresh mint chopped with stems; divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups Greek yogurt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss strawberries, water, sumac, half of the chopped mint and vanilla on a baking tray. Roast in oven 25 minutes.
- Mix yogurt, sugar, lemon zest, juice, cream and salt; let set in fridge for one hour.
- Spoon into glasses, cream then berries, repeat.