Photo Credit: Califia Farms
Spinach Lasagna Rolls with Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce
Don’t do dairy? Try this simple vegan recipe featuring almond-based ricotta.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 cups slivered almonds, divided
- 1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (25-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Soak ½ cup almonds in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking pan.
- In a blender, process remaining 1½ cups almonds with ½ cup almondmilk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, oregano, and salt until cohesive and the consistency of thick ricotta cheese. Transfer to a large mixing bowl along with spinach and garlic and thoroughly combine.
- Lay cooked lasagna noodles on a clean work surface and evenly spread spinach mixture on each noodle, about 2 heaping tablespoons per noodle. Roll up each noodle.
- Drain soaked almonds and transfer to clean blender along with remaining ½ cup almondmilk. Process on high until fully blended and creamy. Add marinara and basil and process until very smooth.
- Pour 1½ cups of sauce into prepared pan and arrange lasagna rolls on top. Top with remaining sauce and bake, covered, for 20-25 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Califia Farms.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post