Photo Credit: Ghazalle Badiozamani
Spicy Pumpkin Power Bites
A dash of cayenne pepper gives these energy balls a little bit of heat that balances out the sweetness of the dried fruit.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- ½ cup Whole30-compliant sunflower seed butter
- ⅓ cup plain canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unflavored collagen powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped toasted almonds or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped unsweetened raisins or dried figs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sunflower seed butter, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne until well combined. Add the coconut flour and collagen powder. Stir until well combined. Add in the almonds and raisins. (You may need to use your hands at the end to mix everything well.)
- Shape the mixture into 8 balls about 1½ inches in diameter. (Use 2 heaping tablespoons of the mixture per ball.) Roll in the flaked coconut. Place the balls in an airtight container.
TO TRAVEL: These bites do not need to be chilled for traveling unless they will be sitting in a hot car. In that case, store them in an insulated cooler with several ice packs. Excerpted from The Whole30 Friends & Family: 150 Recipes for Every Social Occasion © 2019 by Melissa Hartwig Urban. Photography © 2019 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post