Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9-inch round cake tin with coconut oil and add a round of parchment paper to bottom of pan. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together ground flaxseed and 1/3 cup water. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk together almond flour, date sugar, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, ground black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg until thoroughly combined. Form a well in center of dry ingredients and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together orange zest and orange juice, coconut oil, maple syrup, 1 Tbsp vanilla extract, and reserved flaxseed mixture until well combined.
- Pour liquid ingredients into well in dry ingredients and stir with wooden spoon or spatula until combined. Pour batter into prepared cake tin and smooth top to create an even surface. Bake cake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean and cake springs back when gently pressed, about 35 to 40 minutes. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes in pan before running a knife around edge of cake to loosen from pan. Remove cake from tin and allow to cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- While cake is cooling, prepare frosting. In medium bowl, stir together remaining ½ tsp vanilla extract, strained yogurt, and remaining 1 tsp orange zest.
- When ready to serve, place cooled cake on serving platter. Spread frosting over top of cake and decorate with orange curls, toasted almonds, and a sprinkling of cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately.
For a little more indulgence, forgo the frosting and instead drizzle with some chocolate ganache made by whisking together 1 cup warmed coconut cream with 10 oz chopped dark chocolate.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 300mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post