Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Handful of spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 1/2 fl oz milk or oat milk, plus extra if needed
- 4 1/2 ounces spelt flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 tablespoons milk kefir
- 1 7 oz can of sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon chili flakes
- Squuzed of lemon juice
- Put garlic, coriander, spinach, cumin and cardamom in a blender and blitz to a smooth green paste. Add a splash of the milk or oat milk to loosen if needed
- Add flour to a large mixing bowl and create a well, then add eggs, slowly whisking them into the flour. Add a pinch of salt and stir, then gradually add milk, followed by the green paste, and whisk to combine. Leave to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Put all topping ingredients in a mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, whisk the batter, then ladle 4 Tbsp into the pan. Cook 2 minutes, then flip and cook for a further minute. Transfer to a plate and repeat, serve with the mixed topping.
Store any leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. The topping is best prepared and served immediately. Excerpted from The Gut-Loving Cookbook © 2022 by Alana & Lisa Macfarlane of The Gut Stuff. Published by Pavilion Books.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Sodium: 159mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post