Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Spaghetti Squash Teriyaki Bowl
Jackfruit serves as a perfect substitute for meat in this spaghetti squash noodle bowl.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3–4 cups cooked)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup packed sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ¾ cup chopped jackfruit
- ½ cup edamame
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise, remove seeds, and place face-down on cookie sheet. Bake 45–50 minutes, or until flesh can be combed with a fork and has a pasta-like texture. Set aside to cool.
- When squash has about 10 minutes to go, heat large sauté pan with vegetable oil; add bell pepper, carrots and onion, and cook over medium heat 3–5 minutes.
- Add jackfruit and edamame; cook 5–7 minutes, or until all vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce and water; mix to combine until all veggies are covered in sauce.
- Once spaghetti squash has cooked, cool 5–10 minutes; then scrape all flesh out and add to teriyaki-covered veggies. Stir to combine, top with sesame seeds and cilantro, and serve.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 510mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g