- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey thigh
- 1/3 cup finely minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- ¾ cup loosely packed fresh basil
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Carefully slice squash lengthwise, and remove seeds with a spoon. Rub inside of squash with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast 30–40 minutes, until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cool until squash can be comfortably handled.
- While squash is roasting, combine meatball ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper, and use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon to form mixture into small balls. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Place meatballs in oven, and cook about 15 minutes, until firm to touch and cooked through.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare pesto in a food processor. Process parsley, basil, pumpkin seeds, lemon juice, garlic and salt, scraping down the bowl as needed. Drizzle in oil, and process to a chunky, yet blended consistency.
- Using a fork, scrape squash “noodles” from skin into a medium bowl, and stir in pesto. Top with mini meatballs.
PER SERVING: 449 CAL; 26G PROTEIN; 33G FAT; 16G CARB (2G SUGARS); 1,317MG SODIUM; 3G FIBER