Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups wild rice
- 2 cups corn, frozen
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons southwest seasoning*
- 2 avocados; peeled, pitted and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- In a large pot, bring broth to a boil; reduce to medium heat. Add wild rice. Stir constantly until rice is al dente, approximately 45 minutes. Add corn and cilantro.
- In a medium pan, sauté red onion with vegetable oil.
- When rice is done, turn heat to low; add onions, garlic salt and southwest seasoning.
- Pour a serving into a bowl; add cut avocados on top.
*If you’re watching your sodium, use a salt-free version of southwest seasoning. Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Brianda Esquivel, Chef Adam Sacks, Taylor Sherwin and Emily Smith (l to r) developed these recipes. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 300mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine