Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 pounds asparagus
- 1 pound cauliflower
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces turnips, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces string beans, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Spray a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut 2" tips from asparagus and florets from cauliflower and place in slow cooker; set aside asparagus stalks and cauliflower stems for use in other recipes.
- Stir in carrots, turnips, beans, peas, stock, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low 3 1⁄2 hours.
- Stir in cilantro and cook 30 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Everything Green Mediterranean Cookbook by Peter Minaki. Photographs by James Stefiuk. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 270mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post