Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups English spring peas
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 leaves mint, destemmed
- 1 quart chicken stock or bone broth (or any broth you have)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pea shoot microgreens, for garnish
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened coconut or almond milk yogurt, for garnish
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Add the 4 tablespoons of oil to a medium stock or soup pot over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the peas and onions and sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Stir in the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add the spinach, mint and broth. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Ladle half the soup into a blender. Vent the lid and carefully blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and set aside.
- Blend the ramining soup. Put all the pureed soup back into the soup pot. Taste and add salt and pepper to your preference.
- Warm it up again, if it has cooled. Ladle the soup into four bowls and garnish with fresh pea shoots, a dollop of yogurt, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.
Created by Dr. Stacie Stephenson ("The VibrantDoc"), Board Member at American Nutrition Association
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post