Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat (do not shake can)
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 (28-oz) can roasted tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon coriander, ground
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- In a large pot over medium heat add olive oil, onion, and garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- Without shaking, open the can of coconut milk, and scrape as much fat as you can from the top of the can and add to the onion-garlic mixture, saving the rest of the coconut milk for later. Let simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add lentils, roasted tomatoes, spices, remaining liquid from coconut can, and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add stock, cover, and let cook for additional 20 minutes, until all ingredients meld together and soften. Remove from heat and pour into a high-speed blender. Blend on high and serve warm.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post