- Parchment paper
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- ½ cup crushed organic granola
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat all ingredients except oats, granola and powdered sugar until well mixed. Stir in oats and crushed granola.
- Drop dough on baking sheet by scant teaspoon in groups of four, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 3–4 minutes, until light brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Shake powdered sugar through a small wire-mesh strainer over each cookie until it looks as if they have a light sprinkle of snow.
- Store in an airtight container.
PER SERVING: 62 CAL; 1G PROTEIN; 4G FAT; 6G CARB (4G SUGARS); 72MG SODIUM; 0G FIBER