Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1⁄4 cup freeze-dried wild blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup butter-flavored coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup cacao butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered erythritol
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Add blueberries to a food processor and process until a powder forms, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Combine coconut oil and cacao butter in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add blueberry powder and erythritol to coconut oil mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour equal amounts of mixture into each prepared muffin well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Remove fat bombs from muffin tin and transfer to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat, up to 1 week.
FREEZE-DRIED FRUIT VERSUS DRIED FRUIT Freeze-dried fruit and dried fruit are vastly different in texture. Freeze-dried fruit is made by removing 98 to 99 percent of the water from the fruit. The fruit is left with a dry, crunchy texture. Dried fruit is made by removing 90 to 95 percent of the moisture content. The end result is a sticky, chewy fruit. Although you can use small amounts of freeze-dried fruits while on a keto diet, watch your intake. The carbs can add up quickly. “Excerpted from The Everything® Keto Cycling Cookbook by Lindsay Boyers. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.”
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fat: 14g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post