Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 32 crostini
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large baguette
- lemon zest, for garnish
- thyme leaves, for garnish
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat and add beans, broth, butter, garlic and salt. Bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for about 7 minutes, until liquid is partially reduced.
- Meanwhile slice baguette on diagonal into ½ inch slices. Toast on a baking sheet for 5-6
minutes until slightly crispy.
- Remove beans from heat and mash with a potato masher. Stir in lemon juice. Consistency should be soft and spreadable. Season to taste.
- Spread about 1 Tbs beans on each slice of baguette.
- Garnish with lemon zest, thyme and red pepper flakes.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 268mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post