Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 12 Wasa® Gluten Free Original Crispbreads (1 package)
- 12 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed hard peppermint candies
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange crispbreads on sheet pan, leaving a little space between them.
- In a large saucepan add water to come 1” up the sides of the pan. Heat over medium heat until water is just steaming, not simmering or boiling. Place half the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over the steaming water. Stir constantly until melted.
- Take the bowl off the saucepan and add remaining dark chocolate. Stir until all chocolate is melted, placing the bowl back over the steaming water as needed to get the chocolate to melt. Stir in 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Spread melted chocolate over the crispbreads in an even layer, leaving a border. Let sit at room temperature until chocolate is set, or refrigerate to speed up the process.
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate in the same way as above, stirring in remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract at the end. Transfer white chocolate to a piping bag or a zip-top bag with one corner cut out. Drizzle white chocolate over dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle peppermint candies over white chocolate, pressing them down gently so they adhere.
- Let sit at room temperature until completely set, about 1 hour (or refrigerate until set). Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post