Shop IngredientsHow this works
For the Dough:
- Round puff pastry sheets
For the Filling:
- 2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Eggs, boiled and chopped
- 2 pounds Ground Beef or finely-chopped beef shoulder
- 2 medium-sized brown onions, chopped
- 2 medium-sized red bell peppers chopped and seeded
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 cup Green Olives, chopped and pitted
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add onions and cook at low heat until translucent.
- Add chopped red pepper, cumin and paprika and sugar, cook for several minutes.
- Remove mixture from the skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- Add tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and transfer seasoned meat.
- Cook for until browned, occasionally breaking up ground lumps.
- Once the meat is cooked, stir in onion & pepper mixture.
- Remove from heat and let sit until cool.
- Preheat oven to 375° and take out dough to temper at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Once the filling has cooled, add olives and boiled egg. Mix well.
- Arrange dough rounds on a non-stick work surface.
- Add 2 tablespoons of filling to each round.
- With finger or brush, brush water around the edge of the dough rounds.
- Fold rounds over the filling and pinch edges to close.
- Repeat with each round.
- Transfer empanadas onto a parchment-paper lined oven tray.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown for about 20 minutes. Rotate empanadas half way through.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post