Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 baguette; sliced into ½-inch slices, about 24 pieces
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes; seeds removed, diced
- 1 baby seedless watermelon, diced into ¼-inch pieces
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, sliced into slivers
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 tablespoons sliced fresh basil leaves
- Heat a grill to high heat. You can also use a skillet over high heat on your stovetop.
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush mixture on bread slices (called “crostini” in Italian); season with salt and pepper. Place bread oil-side down on grill for 30–60 seconds to make char marks. Remove and set on a wire rack to cool.
Gently combine tomatoes, watermelon and olives. Spread mascarpone cheese on each crostini. Top with tomato mixture. Garnish each crostini with pinch of orange zest and a few slices of basil; drizzle with olive oil.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Sodium: 402mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post