Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1.5 cups white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 6 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded habanero pepper
- 1 (3-ounce) pouch Ball® Liquid Pectin
- Combine the vinegar and apricots in a medium bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir together the apricot mixture, sugar, and next 3 ingredients in a 6-quart stainless-steel or enameled Dutch oven. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high, stirring frequently.
- Add the pectin, immediately squeezing entire contents from the pouch. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim the foam, if necessary.
- Ladle the hot jelly into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄4-inch headspace. Wipe the jar rim. Center the lid on the jar. Apply the band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place the jar in the boiling water canner. Repeat until all the jars are filled.
- Process the jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove the lid, and let the jars stand 5 minutes. Remove the jars and cool.
Excerpted from Ball Canning Back to Basics. Copyright 2017 Hearthmark. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved. Photographer Whitney Ott, Food Stylist Rishon Hanners, Prop Stylist Thom Driver.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post