Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup reserved (16 oz) Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) of dry whole milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) molasses
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Measure 1 cup of organic powdered raw cane sugar and set aside the rest. Mix the remaining organic powdered sugar, dry milk powder, salt, and spices in a large mixing bowl.
- Measure and mix together the molasses and sweetened condensed milk. It is easiest to measure both in a single liquid measuring cup. Next, add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix the liquid into the dry ingredients initially with a spatula. The mixture will form a dough ball similar to bread. You will need to work the dough with your hands to fully combine the ingredients.
- Turn the dough onto a work surface or silpat mat lightly dusted with powdered sugar. Knead the dough similar to kneading bread dough. Push the dough away from you with the palm of your hand. Lift the edge farthest from you and fold the dough over onto itself. Turn the dough 90 degrees and repeat. Continue kneading for a minute until the dough is smooth and firm. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar if the dough becomes too sticky.
- Cut the dough and form into balls. You can make the truffles any size your desire. The size of a large marble is a perfect bite size (4-6 grams). You can use a kitchen scale to measure each truffle to make sure they are precise or simply eyeball. Roll the dough into a ball in the palm of your hands and then drop in a bowl of reserved powdered sugar to coat.
Chef's tip: Truffles will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks. Whole milk powder works best for this recipe but you can substitute with non-fat dry milk powder. Digital Rights with Influencer Mention: Brodi’s Kitchen
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post