Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 8 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup Organic or Plant-Based Mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped dill (frons and stems)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (leaves and stems)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Bring a large saucepan filled with salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare a bowl filled with ice water and set it nearby.
- Reduce the heat to maintain an active simmer and gently lower the eggs into the water; cook them for 8½ minutes. Immediately transfer the eggs with a slotted spoon to the ice water.
- When the eggs are cool enough to handle, pat them dry and peel them. Chop the eggs into large pieces and add them to a medium-sized bowl, along with the mayo, scallions, and garlic. Gently toss the eggs to coat in the mayo mixture. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the basil, dill, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Add the red wine vinegar, drizzle the mixture with oil, and season with flaky sea salt. Toss to coat.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the mustard onto each slice of toasted bread. Spoon the eggs over the bread. Pile the herb mixture on top of the egg toast and serve.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post