Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 30 pieces (approximately)
- Food processor
- 3-4 small beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- minced chives for garnish
- 1 cup pine nuts soaked for one hour
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Slice roots and tops off beets, and peel. Using a mandolin, thinly slice beets 1/8- to 1/16-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, toss beet slices with olive oil and salt.
- While beets are softening, drain and rinse pine nuts. Place in a food processor with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt; blend until creamy and “cheese” begins to form a ball. Pause, and scrape down sides of processor with a spatula as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl, and stir in herbs. Season to taste.
- Place beets in a strainer to drain off any excess liquid. Place half the beet slices on a serving platter, and top with about 1 teaspoon “cheese.” Finish with another slice of beet, and garnish with chives.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post